Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Songs On Sunday And A Gold Country Adventure


This is a view across the field at the Marshall Gold Discovery State Park in Coloma, California. It commemorates the site at Sutter's Mill where John Marshall discovered the gold that inspired the 1849 California Gold Rush. This last week we watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie where the children heard the expression "It's Sutter's Mill all over again!" which referred to the fighting and bickering, as well as murder that followed the finding of gold. So, when we looked for a place to get our noses into the fresh air this weekend, this state park seemed only fitting. Boogie, our son, is very interested in Laura Ingalls Wilder, though at the museum and park he was more interested in running around, climbing and jumping around! He is a normal 7 year old!



Another view of the buildings at the state park. In many ways, fall is like a second spring in California. It's my favorite season here. It's warm but you don't usually get burnt to a crisp, the air is fresher and crisp and the cooler temperatures accompanied by occasional rainfall, makes everything green again! No more brown!!! :o)


We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols
So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes
From evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols
So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands--Oh God
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God of Jacob
(Give us clean hands)
So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands--Oh God
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God of Jacob
Oh God of Jacob
Give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands--Oh God
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God of Jacob

(Chris Tomlin)

Simple but powerful words that I have been pondering for a week now... oh let us not lift our souls to another. What kind of idols are in my life? Are my hands clean? Is my heart pure? Am I humbled by the Spirit? Do I turn my eyes from evil things? Am I seeking Him?





Doesn't it look like horses should be grazing here?



I love when the trees make a bower. With the red bows, I could imagine it with snow and Percherons drawing a sleigh!




Day into night You can turn the dark into light
You can take a soul that was lost and turn it around
Lord on my own my heart can turn as hard as a stone
But You can make it tender again with Your love


Stir up a hunger
Stir up a hunger in my heart
Nothing will satisfy me
Nothing else will do
Stir up a hunger
A hunger in my heart
Stir up a hunger in my heart
For more of You

(Paul Baloche)


Lately I feel He is stirring up a hunger in my heart and it is making me restless during the waiting time when I don't know how to direct this hunger and energy.





Who says your yearly school picture has to be stuffy and boring. Each year I do the kids' pictures for school. Last years pictures were dull and uninspired, but I like how these turned out. My oldest, my son "Boogie" is 7 and in 2nd grade. He is serious and silly, all rolled into one with a HUGE obsession for Legos!




I like this even better of his face and cropped it out of a picture of him with his sisters.


You've already been introduced to my second child and oldest daughter, "Sunshine". She is 5 8/12 and in kindergarten. She is "Twin A" and most of the time would be considered the "dominant" twin even though she is introverted and shy.


This is "Princess", a true baby of the family. She came out "Ta Da! I'm here, take care of me!" and she has kept us running since. Thankfully she has a sweet and tender heart and a winsome smile that endears her to all. She is also in Kindergarten. I'll be posting more of our field trip on our school blog and put a link here when I'm finished.
Here is one of the pictures that was in running for Christmas card shot, but didn't quite make it - Sunshine, Boogie and Princess (L to R). In spite of my aggravations in getting the "perfect" shot, we had a lot of time playing in all these leaves! It's not often that Mom tells you to get down in the leaves and on the dirty ground and mess around! LOL


When I looked at this shot, I thought, this is how I want my heart to be with God! We have seriously considered using it for a Christmas card. Hey! If people want to see their faces closer up, they can come for a visit! :o)


All three songs for this weeks "Songs on Sunday" come from our service last week. Today, after all our big adventures, all five of us woke up sick. I think we've never gotten totally better from before. When we miss church fellowship, we "do church" at home together and it is a sweet time of fellowship with each other and the Lord. It is a joy to see Him working in their hearts.





The Family Prayer Song
1. Come and fill our homes with Your presence
You alone are worthy of our rev'rence
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
We will serve the Lord
2. Lord we vow to live holy
Bowing our knees to You only
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
We will serve the Lord
Staying together, praying together
Any storm we can weather, trusting in God's word
We need each other, fathers and mothers,
Sisters and brothers in harmony and love
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
We will serve the Lord
(Rob Mathes, Maranatha Music)

No comments: