Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lonely?

Today I read this wonderful post by Sally Clarkson on loneliness. Except for the part of being an accomplished author and speaker, I could have written it almost word for word. All my life I have felt like I was standing on the outside of a huge crowd, peering in trying to see what everyone else was doing or enjoying. As I get older, especially after turning 40, it does get a little easier, but still I am not exempt to that feeling. The last several months that feeling has increased. I keep giving it over to Him. I know He understands because He made me. In my 20s, when it was even more of a struggle, I clung to many verses in the Psalms. One of my favorites was Psalm 68:6 which says that God sets the lonely in families.

If you are feeling lonely, please read Sally's post which is quite encouraging. She admonishes us to grab onto joy - He gives it freely.

No comments: