Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Joy


I love this picture even though there isn't a single thing in focus! This is my oldest (by 2 minutes) daughter "Sunshine" who marches to the beat of her own drum. This can be frustrating for parenting and educating! She continually challenges me to bear the Fruits of the Spirit...
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. (Galatians 5 NIV courtesy of Biblegateway.com)
Most of the time I fall down at patience, gentleness and self control. This child of my heart that I love heart and soul drives me to exasperation at times! Today was one of those days. We were on a field trip to the Marshall Gold Discovery Park and I was trying to get a picture of all three for our Christmas card. The girl would. not. look. at. the. camera. PERIOD! She was in her own world. I lost my self control and thought I was going to explode, but when I relaxed, I looked up and saw this. Sunshine lives every moment of her life! Sigh... point taken.
Exasperations aside, I can't imagine life without Sunshine!
I'll post more on our day later. There were lots of pictures. :o)

No comments: