Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook





Please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook on Mondays, to learn more and find links to other ladies who are participating.



FOR TODAY November 24, 2008...



Outside my window... it's beginning to look more winter than fall.



I am thinking... about my faith and whether my life reflects what I believe and what I can do to change that.



I am thankful for... my Aunt Grace who turns 74 today.



From the learning rooms... we are learning Our 24 Family Ways and reading Plymouth Pioneers, which my son loves!



From the kitchen... Roast Turkey!



I am wearing... sweats, since I'm sick and cold (still).



I am creating... a top down cardigan from my friend's handspun for my youngest daughter.



I am going... to Costco in a neighboring town tomorrow because they carry many more organic items than mine.



I am reading... Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson (it's good!) still and the book of Galatians in the Bible.



I am hoping... that I will have a peaceful home for Thanksgiving.



I am hearing... children playing



Around the house... lots of changes and rearranging.



One of my favorite things... is the whole holiday of Thanksgiving from food to family to decorations to last, but not least, God!



A few plans for the rest of the week: household organizing, baking for the holiday and celebrating Thanksgiving with our family.



Here is picture thought I am sharing... I shared this on my old blog, but thought it was pretty enough to share again and it reminds me of family gatherings past at my Mom's! (It's some of her Iris and Herringbone Depression Glass.)





No comments: