Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Church And Starbucks?

What If Starbucks Marketed Like The Church?

(hat tip to Miss Jocelyn)

I read a little bit on the website of the video producer and don't know much about them. The word "marketing" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. LOL Probably I'll step on some toes here, but I've never been for all the different "programs" and "goals" etc that various churches have to draw others in. Instead I would rather have the pastor and leaders in the congregation disciple me in how to live a REAL life so that others see Jesus in me.

Programs come and go but the Gospel is forever. I haven't arrived their yet, but one of the things that has been on my mind is that old phrase, "If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" Honestly, I think I could be convicted of being a Christian, but it's the condition of my fruit that concerns me! Because of that, I have decided to study in the New Testament all the ways that Paul, James, Peter, John and others described that we should be living as Believers and evaluate whether I am applying those in my own life. Last night I started with Galatians after thinking about the Fruits of the Spirit. I'm looking forward to seeing what He has to say to me, even if some of it makes me cringe and say "OUCH!"



16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1 NIV Biblegateway.com




No comments: