Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Halleluia! He's a Survivor!

Jack is all DONE with his last chemo treatment! To celebrate he had an ice cream cake. My pictures are actually in reverse order... this was after church today. I love his smile in this picture. This is the Jack I know and love! :-)

In case you were wondering if he went hog wild... this is his portion of the cake! :-)

It was such a blessing for Jack to celebrate Sabbath at church and see the ones he loves and the ones who love him. Fellowship is sweet! Here is Jack and Chas. She is sporting one of her latest Special Olympics medals! What a special and wonderful friend she is to our whole family.


Here's Mr. Jack getting ready to go to church... all dapper in his new clothes.



He says he is not only a survivor but a "Liver". He is going to LIVE! Praise God for the ability to wear the survivor shirt!



Ready to go... with HOPE. The battle is not completely over. But the does of poison are! Please continue to pray. We can't say enough how much we appreciate your prayers. I will close with a verse that has been encouraging Jack:
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Theresa, for updating for us... We know you, too, see the difference. PTL! indeed! Love you Mom & Jack... and Looking forward to our visit with you in Oct.

Deborah said...

YAY!!!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh Theresa!!! I am wiping away tears of joy! I am clapping and rejoicing at the miracle of God healing a man, sustaining him through a very dark and shadowy time, and even more astonishing is that I am celebrating with shouts of praise for the triumphs in the life of a man that I have never met, nor may ever! God's presence on this bloggy thing continues to amaze me in its power to draw hearts together down to their knees for His glory and honor and power and strength in all of our lives.

Thank you so much for offering me the privilege of joining in the praying and the praising for Jack's amazing journey.

p.s. That adorable opening picture brought a smile to my face, but I burst into tears when I saw him hugging that Special Olympian.
God is so good!!

I am blessed by your sharing today. XO!!